§1 Information concerning the collection of personal data
(1) Information about the collection of personal data when using our website is provided below. Personal data are all data which can be related to you personally, such as your name, address, email addresses and user behaviour.
(2) The controller pursuant to Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is OMNILAB-LABORZENTRUM GmbH & Co. KG, Robert-Hooke-Str. 8, 28359 Bremen, email@example.com (see our Legal Notice). You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or our postal address with the addition “Data Protection Officer”.
(3) When you contact us by email or via a contact form, we store the data you provide (your email address, and, if applicable, your name and your telephone number) to answer your questions. We delete the data generated in this connection once storage is no longer necessary or restrict processing if there are legal storage obligations.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions that we offer or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we shall inform you below in detail about the respective processes. We also specify the defined criteria of the storage period.
§2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with respect to us concerning the personal data relating to you:
- right to information,
- right to rectification or erasure,
- right to restriction of processing,
- right to object to processing,
- right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority concerning our processing of your personal data.
§3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When merely using the website for informational purposes, i.e. when you do not register for use of the website or transmit any other information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data that we require technically in order to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the enquiry
- Difference in time zone relative to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific site)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Respective quantity of data transmitted
- Website from where the request comes
- perating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data specified above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your hard disk according to the browser you use which allow the party that places the cookie (in this case ourselves) to be sent certain information. Cookies cannot execute any programme or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve the purpose of making internet services more user-friendly and more effective on the whole.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and functionality are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These save a so-called session ID with which the various enquiries by your browser are able to identify the joint meeting. In this manner, your computer can be recognised again when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted in accordance with a stipulated period of time, which may differ depending upon the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you desire and for example reject acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. We would point out, however, that you then may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
f) The flash cookies used are not registered by your browser, but rather your flash plug-in. We continue to use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your device. These store the required data independently of the browser used by you and do not have any automatic expiry date. If you do not want any processing of flash cookies, you have to install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and the browser history manually.
§4 Further functions and offerings of our website
(1) In addition to the use of our website purely for information purposes, we also offer a range of services which you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you usually have to provide additional personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases we will use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, have to follow our instructions and are monitored regularly.
(3) We may also forward your personal data to third parties if we offer event participations, competitions, conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. You can obtain more information on this when entering your personal data or below in the offer description.
(4) If our service provider or partner is based in a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offering.
§5 Objection to or revocation of consent for the processing of your data
(1) If you have given consent for your data to be processed, you can revoke this at any time. Any such revocation will affect the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have given us notice of the revocation.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case if the processing in particular is not required for the performance of a contract with you, which is explained by us in each case in the following description of the functions. When you exercise a right to make such an objection, we ask that you explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as performed by us. When we receive your objection with reasons, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust the data processing or explain to you our compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing.
(3) You can of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes. You can inform us of your objection to processing for advertising purposes via the following contact details:
OMNILAB-LABORZENTRUM GmbH & Co. KG
Tel.: +49 (0)4 21 / 1 75 99-0
Fax: +49 (0)4 21 / 1 75 99-300
§ 6 Special forms of use of our website
1. Use of our web shop
(1) If you wish to place an order in our web shop, it is necessary for the conclusion of the contract that you provide us with the personal data we require to process your order. Required information for the execution of the contracts is marked separately; further information is voluntary. We process the data provided by you to process your order. For this purpose we can pass on your payment data to our house bank. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
You may voluntarily create a customer account through which we may store your data for future purchases. When you create an account under “My account”, the data you have provided will be stored revocably. All other data, including your user account, can always be deleted in the customer area.
We may also process the information you provide to inform you of other interesting products in our portfolio or to send you emails containing technical information.
(2) Due to commercial and tax regulations, we are obliged to store your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, after two years we will restrict processing, i.e. your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations.
(3) To prevent unauthorised access by third parties to your personal data, especially financial data, the order process is encrypted using TLS technology.
§ 7 Online advertising
1. Use of Google Adwords Conversion
(1) We use the Google Adwords offering to draw attention to our attractive offers on external websites with the help of advertising media (known as Google Adwords). In relation to the advertising campaign data, we can determine how effective the specific advertising measures are. In doing so, we pursue our interest in displaying advertising to you that is of interest to you, making our website more interesting for you and obtaining a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) These advertising media are delivered by Google using ad servers. We use ad server cookies for this purpose, allowing certain success measurement parameters such as the display of advertisements or clicks by users to be measured. When you access our website via a Google ad, Google Adwords stores a cookie on your computer. This cookie generally becomes invalid after 30 days and is not intended to identify you personally. The following analysis values are usually stored for this cookie: unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (flag that the user no longer wants to be addressed).
(3) These cookies allow Google to subsequently identify your internet browser. When a user visits certain pages on the website of an Adwords customer and the cookie stored on the user’s computer has not expired yet, Google and the customer are able to identify that the user has clicked the advertisement and was forwarded to that page. A different cookie is assigned to each Adwords customer. That means cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of Adwords customers. We ourselves do not collect and process personal data in the aforementioned advertising measures. Google only provides us with statistical evaluations. These evaluations allow us to determine which of the advertising measures we use are especially effective. We do not receive further data from the use of the advertising media. In particular, we are not able to identify users based on this information.
(4) Due to the marketing tools being used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google servers. We have no influence on the scope and subsequent use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool, and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge. Through the integration of AdWords conversion, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding part of our internet presence or clicked one of our advertisements. If you are registered with a Google service, Google is able to assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or are not logged on, the provider may obtain and store your IP address.
(5) You can prevent your participation in this tracking procedure in various ways: a) By configuring the settings of your browser software accordingly; in particular, suppressing third-party cookies means that you do not receive any advertisements from third-party providers. b) By deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking; this is done by configuring your browser so that cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com” are blocked – https://www.google.de/settings/ads. These settings are erased when you delete your cookies. c) By deactivating the interest-specific advertisements of the providers who are part of the “About Ads” self-regulation campaign via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices. These settings are erased when you delete your cookies. d) Through permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of all functions of this offering in that case.
(6) The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Further information about data protection at Google can be found here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-GB and https://services.google.com/sitestats/en.html. Alternatively you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org. Google has agreed to abide by the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
We use the Google Remarketing application in addition to Adwords conversion. This is a procedure where we want to subsequently address you again. Our advertisements can be displayed during your subsequent use of the internet through this application after you visit our website. This is done through corresponding cookies stored in your browser and used by Google to record and evaluate the usage behaviour while visiting various websites. Google can therefore determine that you have previously visited our website. According to Google, the data collected in the course of remarketing are not combined with your personal data that may be stored by Google. In particular, pseudonymisation is used in remarketing according to Google.
3 DoubleClick by Google
(2) Due to the marketing tools being used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google servers. We have no influence on the scope and subsequent use of the data collected by Google through the use of this tool, and therefore inform you according to our state of knowledge. Through the integration of DoubleClick, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding part of our Internet presence or clicked one of our advertisements. If you are registered with a Google service, Google is able to assign the visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or are not logged on, the provider may obtain and store your IP address.
(3) You can prevent your participation in this tracking procedure in various ways: a) By configuring the settings of your browser software accordingly; in particular, suppressing third-party cookies means that you do not receive any advertisements from third-party providers. b) By deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking; this is done by configuring your browser so that cookies from the domain “www.googleadservices.com” are blocked – https://www.google.de/settings/ads. These settings are erased when you delete your cookies. c) By deactivating the interest-specific advertisements of the providers who are part of the “About Ads” self-regulation campaign via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices. These settings are erased when you delete your cookies. d) Through permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that you may not be able to take full advantage of all functions of this offering in that case.
(4) The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Further information about DoubleClick by Google can be found at https://www.doubleclickbygoogle.com/en-gb/ and http://support.google.com/adsense/answer/2839090, and about data protection at Google in general at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-GB&gl=de. Alternatively you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org. Google has agreed to abide by the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 8 Social media
1. Integration of YouTube videos
(1) We have incorporated YouTube videos into our online offering. These are stored on http://www.youtube.com and can be played back directly on our website.
(2) When you visit the website, YouTube obtains the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. The data identified in Section 3 of this statement are transmitted as well. This is done regardless of whether you have a YouTube account and are logged on, or do not have a user account. If you are logged in with Google, your data are assigned directly to your account. If you do not want this data to be associated with your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purpose of advertising, market research and/or to design their website to suit market needs. Such an evaluation is performed in particular (even for users who are not logged on) to deliver targeted advertising and to inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and have to contact the YouTube if you want to exercise this right.
2. Integration of chat widgets
(1) We have integrated the tawk-to chat widget in our online offering, which can be used directly on our website.
(2) Use of the chat widget is subject to the voluntary input of your name and email address. The collected data are stored for the internal evaluation of enquiries and for quality assurance.
(3) Address of the widget provider: tawk.to (SMS SIA), #6 - 8 Tirgoņu iela, Rīga, Latvia, LV-1050; other information on data collection: https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/ and on data protection: https://www.tawk.to/data-protection/.
§ 9 Web Analytics
1. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses what are known as “cookies” – text files stored on your computer – for the purpose of analysing the way you use the website. The information generated by the cookies regarding your use of this website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it is stored. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address within member states of the European Union or in other countries which are contracting parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area is first shortened by Google. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. By order of the operator of this website, Google will use this information in order to analyse your use of the website, compile reports on website activities and provide additional services related to the use of the website and the internet for the website operator.
(2) The IP address transferred by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not combined with other data by Google.
(3) You can prevent the cookies from being stored by selecting an appropriate setting of your browser software. However, we should point out that, in this case, you may not be able to make full use of all this website's functions. Furthermore, you can prevent the capture of data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website by Google as well as the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp()” extension. IP addresses are thereby shortened prior to further processing, excluding the possibility of associating them with specific persons. Insofar as a personal reference is established by the data collected about you, this is excluded immediately and the personal data are promptly erased.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website and improve it regularly. The statistics we obtain allow us to improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases where data with a personal reference are transmitted to the USA, Google has agreed to be bound by the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for using Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for the analysis of visitor traffic across devices by means of a user ID. You can deactivate the analysis of your usage across devices in your customer account under “My Data”, “Personal Data”.